April 21, 2015
- CCA Fellows Tom Halket, Richard Mattiaccio, and Peter Michaelson are co-organizing a conference jointly sponsored by the New York City branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and UNCITRAL to address the forthcoming UNCITRAL Guide to the New York Convention. The conference will take place in Manhattan on October 21 immediately preceding the 2015 CCA Annual Meeting, which begins on October 22 in New York.
- CCA Fellow John Bowman has just completed his term as president of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, an organization with approximately 4500 members in over 90 countries who are commercial negotiators, business development/new ventures representatives, lawyers, consultants, and academics.
- CCA is one of the sponsors of the Construction ADR Summit, which will be presented at the annual meeting of the ABA Forum on Construction in Austin, Texas, on October 8-9. Thirteen CCA Fellows will be speakers.
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee has presented its annual Sir Francis Bacon Alternate Dispute Resolution Award to CCA Fellow Stephen Yusem. The award recognizes an individual who has made a significant impact in the field of mediation and arbitration in Pennsylvania.
- Harvey J. Kirsh has been selected as the recipient of the Ontario Bar Association's Award of Excellence in Alternate Dispute Resolution. An award dinner is being planned for this autumn in Toronto.